CSTR is currently accepting Volunteer applications for our Tallahassee program.
Without the hard work and dedication of our foster parents and volunteers, Crossroads Shih Tzu Rescue would not exist! Our foster parents and volunteers are the heart and soul of our rescue, and we value each and every one of them.
If you are passionate about dogs and Shih Tzu in particular and are interested in learning about what it takes to be a foster parent, please read our Foster FAQ.
But what if you are unable to foster dogs right now?
Do we still need your help?
While fostering is a huge and integral part of the rescue, there is a lot more that goes into the operation of this rescue. Right at the moment, CSTR has a need for volunteers to help with the following:
- Fundraising/Events coordinator and committee members. Fundraising is vital to the operation of a successful rescue, and the fundraising /events coordinator and committee are worth their weight in gold! Crossroads Shih Tzu Rescue is funded solely by donations, and so an active and committed fundraising committee is essential to its success.
- Transporting. Do you work from home or have a flexible job schedule? We need people who have the ability to travel to shelters during the day on weekdays to pick up dogs that need to come into rescue. CSTR’s current board members are unavailable during the day on weekdays, and so we need people who are available to pick up dogs on a weekday and transport them to the rescue’s vets’ offices prior to going to their new foster homes.
- References and Home Visits. An integral part of the CSTR adoption process is a thorough check of potential adopters’ references and a home visit. Volunteers who are interested in helping with reference checks and/or home visits will be trained and mentored by a CSTR board member or experienced volunteer.
- Adoption events. Volunteers who come to CSTR adoption events and talk to visitors who attend are very important in our efforts to get the word out about CSTR and educate the public about shelter and puppy mill dogs.
- Do you live in Tallahassee, FL? CSTR has a need for volunteers to help with Polo’s Refuge, CSTR’s Senior Dog Retirement Home. We need help with feeding and spending time with the dogs as well as weekly cleaning of the retirement home.
Ready to roll up your sleeves and get involved? Then complete our online Volunteer application, and let’s get the process going!